Department of Physics
Degree Programs | Faculty Members
One of the oldest discipline, physics is the description of complex nature of natural phenomena’s. It is the general analysis of nature conducted in order to understand how the universe behaves. Because of certain inter-disciplinary research areas, boundaries of Physics are not defined. It ranges from super cluster of galaxies to elementary particles quarks, neutrinos and electrons. Very short time phenomena’s beyond the limit of observations are deal by Physics. It Divulge in observable entities and phenomena’s of nature by its rules, laws as well as their effects present. It creates and measures conditions Varies between hypo and hyper widely.
Experimentation explores new ideas in Physics however phenomenologist models complex phenomenon’s of experiments to theory. The scientific method of physics relies on a priori reasoning as well as a posteriori reasoning and the use of Bayesian inference to measure the validity of a given theory.
- Providing an opportunity to develop and hone problem-solving skills
- Providing an opportunity to develop and hone presentation skills, particularly as they to pertain to scientific and technical presentation.
- Providing a solid grounding in the methods of scientific inquiry.
- Instilling a strong sense of scientific integrity and presenting Physics to all of our students in a way that conveys our individual and collective excitement about our discipline.
- A breath of courses in both the theoretical and experimental aspects of Physics.
- A laboratory experience which takes students beyond “cookbook” experimentation.
- An opportunity for students to take a meaningful role in fundamental research.
- Close mentoring relationships and preparation specific to helping those students continuing on to graduate school reach their full potential.
Marketability of the Graduates/jobs opportunities
- Defense and research sector: A large number of jobs for graduate in Physics are in defense sector.
- Energy Sector: Graduates students of physics enter into nuclear energy reactor as a junior scientist such as Chasma nuclear Power Plant and KANUPP also work as expert in solar energy, wind energy and hydropower plants.
- Medical Sector: These use a variety of Physics and computing skills in diagnosis in treatment of illness including such techniques as radiography and ultrasound. Task includes introducing, calibrating, using and maintaining medical equipments. Jobs include as medial Physicist in PAEC cancer hospitals as well as other medical institutes on national and international level.
- Educational Sector: Teaching jobs in schools, colleges and universities.
- Space and Metrology: There jobs for physics Graduates in national and international level in space and metrology research centers.